Wesley Alberson

KITH 2017 Poll

Axe/Hawk or Kitchen Knife  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Axe/Hawk or Kitchen Knife

• Axe/Hawk
    • Kitchen Knife

Second. If I actually get into this I have some pretty good stuff just lying around so I'd probably use that.

Third. I don't care if people want to use scarp, that may be part of the charm of the design. However, I got a little bored by the end of the hardware store challenge last year and would have like to have been a little less restricted.

Of course, if it has to be scrap, I may just make "Something" out of the material I want to use, throw it under the bench, and pull it out the next day to make the knife from :ph34r:

• Like 1

Lets not make it scrap. We can't assume that everyone has enough scrap steel to make a full size chef's knife. So here are the requirements of this year's KITH that I have gathered:

- A kitchen knife, with an edge preferably about 6 inches long, or at least long enough to slice through an abnormally large onion or heirloom tomato.

- Any style

- Any materials

• Like 1

Lets not make it scrap. We can't assume that everyone has enough scrap steel to make a full size chef's knife. So here are the requirements of this year's KITH that I have gathered:

- A kitchen knife, with an edge preferably about 6 inches long, or at least long enough to slice through an abnormally large onion or heirloom tomato.

- Any style

- Any materials

This leaves a lot a freedom for the makers, splendid even throw i really like scrap material builds

Edited by Karim

Yeah, I'd have to forge down some very thick leafsprings of dubious quality, or forgeweld some scrap together to make a piece large enough. I much prefer the idea of 'use scrap if you want but it's not necessary'.

I hope so, I've already started...:)

I'm in- trying to decide what I want to make, but I'll be participating for sure

What are the type and size parameters going to be?

What are the type and size parameters going to be?

Looks like medium to large kitchen knife (blade at least 6"), in any style, made from known steel or scrap.

I'm going to be away from the shop from next Tuesday until mid May, but I for sure want in on this one. I recently got interested in kitchen knives and I've really been enjoying making them.

Just noticed this, been on a kitchen knife kick lately so this should be fun!

On a side note, I enjoy KITH's way more when most of the people are posting WIP or atleast posting there knives, overall everyone learns more and helps with the creativity! Have gotten a knife before that didn't have any post about it at all and it just felt less special ;)