• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Rob Toneguzzo

For the love of dogs.

53 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I not long bread my American bulldogs and have decided to keep a pup..not like i need another dog but she is very cool....blue eyes.

Dogs are such honest loyal creatures...i would love to see yours...please feel free to post pics of your best friend.

Rob

IMG_2185.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2038.JPG

IMG_2042.JPG

Edited by Rob Toneguzzo
2 people like this

That's a sweet pup, Rob! The first picture makes it look like she's got a leg in the wrong place!

Here's my mate, he's been watching me abuse steel for years, just tucked under a bench in the warm, especially this time of year. For some bizarre reason it he pic's landed on it's side, but I'm sure you'll get the idea. Have a good new year, Mate!

image.jpeg

2 people like this

He is a ripper, my dogs always converge on me when I start forging...swearing etc does not deter them at all. Love his colours and wavy hair.

Yep, swearing a him makes no difference! Wouldn't have it any other way!

Here's my crew.......

last 2014 006.jpg

last 2014 095.jpg

last 2014 126.jpg

last 2014 129.jpg

last 2014 144.jpg

3 people like this

Had to throw this one in !!! :D

Why Germany never wins Iditarod.jpg

3 people like this

This is Huckleberry, my furry little buddy.
11406654_10102687673812021_6315452954819917186_o.jpg

3 people like this

That is one happy lookin pup !! B)

1 person likes this

Found another one...... :lol:

Funny-dog-meme.jpg

5 people like this

Here's my baby, Trixie, aka The Goofy-One. She just turned eight years old a couple weeks ago. 

Pretty%20Goof_zpstqrrbmd8.jpg

20150804_221502_zpstcij7y9z.jpg

Classic%20Labrador_zpspju4vyf0.jpg

20170123_165103-1_zpsqy8inc51.jpg

3 people like this

This is my handsome best friend. I rescued him off of a farm some 81/2hr round trip from where I live when he was 14months old. He was not working the sheep the way he was ''supposed" to so I rescued him. What he doesn't know is he rescued me, as not more than 1 month before I got him I was diagnosed with PTSD from my 10 years service in the Australian Army. He wakes me and night and holds me/lies on me at night when I am crying and shaking in the dark. This is my Rex... 

20160607_183551.jpg

Resized_20170129_185237.jpg

Resized_20170129_185258_001.jpg

3 people like this

Me and mine. the Appenzeller (skinny one) is my girlfriends dog Susie, the mixed moose is my PTSD service dog Toby

20160930_151442.jpg

4 people like this

What does your PTSD service dog do for you, if you don't mind me asking?

Rex isn't trained as such, but I think he just knows when I'm having it rough and provides me the comfort and support it need at all hours without question. I'm currently going to DVA now get my entitlements but it's a long drawn out process. 

his presence alone is usually enough to keep me calm,  but in times of stress like a major anxiety incident, he kind of crowds me away from everyone like a lost sheep =P. In the US a service dog is required to do at least 2 tasks to improve the life of the owner, his other nifty trick is waking me up and turning on the lights when i have night terrors

7 hours ago, S. Cruse said:

his presence alone is usually enough to keep me calm,  but in times of stress like a major anxiety incident, he kind of crowds me away from everyone like a lost sheep =P. In the US a service dog is required to do at least 2 tasks to improve the life of the owner, his other nifty trick is waking me up and turning on the lights when i have night terrors

I think we hijacked the thread, but... Rex wakes me up when i have my night terrors, but turning the light on would be super handy. Sometimes I wake disoreintated and afraid but I have learnt to associate Rex (and his licking) with its OK. 

Thank you sharing your personal story about your dog with me. I wish I could take Rex with me everywhere, but as he isn't an Official Assistance Dog I can't.

9 hours ago, Chris C-S said:

I wish I could take Rex with me everywhere, but as he isn't an Official Assistance Dog I can't.

go to your local police station and ask for the name of their dog trainer. 99% of the time they certify service dogs for vets after some evaluation and simple training. Pretty cheap... at least here in the US

1 person likes this

sasha my black lab rescue dog from paws and claws.  4 yr old and still thinks she is pup.  smart as a whip and totally bull headed.  wife says she takes after her master. 

Picture 272.jpg

4 people like this

1 hour ago, RobertMunford said:

...4 yr old and still thinks she is pup... 

Well, she is a lab...;) Mine is eight years old, and still a pup! All she lives for is to play (and eat).

Great thread, love seeing everyone's beautiful dogs.

1 person likes this

My other dog / Wifes (she brought into relationship) is a Pure Bread Border Collie, nudging 11 in April and she is keeping up with the 2 year old. She has been like this for the past 4 years. No one believes that she is 11. No signs of age kicking in, other than getting grumpy with us for not taking her to bed at 8pm, Bahahaha. 

Our Jack Russel Cleo; she died 10 days ago... :(

Cléo.JPG

1 person likes this

I'm sorry to hear that Jacques. She looks like she was a little sweetheart. :(

1 person likes this

Sorry to hear about your mate too Jacques. I had a Jack and they are a big dog in a little body..awesome companions

2 people like this

I know your loss  Bear it the big one he was 15 when I had to have him put down for uncureable cancer tumor.  shadow is the little one we still have her.  She is a chug, ten foot tall and bullet proof.   LOL 

Bear was my dog so I am very sorry for your loss.

Robert

0422120956.jpg

1 person likes this

I too have lost some of my best friends and understand your sorrows.................:(

Than you all, gentlemen.... She was of course a big dog in a little body and really a sweaty ! She was 14 and half.

1 person likes this