For the love of dogs.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found another one......  

Me and mine. the Appenzeller (skinny one) is my girlfriends dog Susie, the mixed moose is my PTSD service dog Toby

My doggie sweetie. Took this picture the other morning, she didnt want to be out of bed yet but doesnt like being alone in the bedroom..

Posted Images

You can see the thought process working there, OK, right, go on then, throw it, go on go on go on.....wotz e waiting for? Go on, throw it... or can we eat it? Dunno, wot you reckon...

i get the same looks from my springers!

On 3/11/2017 at 7:48 PM, Jacques Delfosse said:

Than you all, gentlemen.... She was of course a big dog in a little body and really a sweaty ! She was 14 and half.

Good innings... May she rest in peace with unlimited chew toys and the like. 

• Like 1

My best friend (again) and his new best friend, and the reason I have been so quite recently. Please all welcome him to our community. 

This is my two week old son, Sebastian Bailey. Born, 11/03/2017Resized_20170317_184243.jpegResized_20170317_184254.jpegResized_20170317_184258.jpeg

• Like 3

Had a sheltie named Toby. Lost him 4 years ago. He was my forge dog and pipe smoking buddy. Smart as hell. The chill one. We also had Brett the corgi. Well he was a corgi. Cute as hell (and he knew it), tons of personality, hard headed, and too smart for his own good. Lost him a year and a half ago. Wish I could find some pics for guys. They were good pups. Still are missed sorley. :(

I'm a  huge dog lover and certainly miss them but living alone and being gone  from home as much as  I do, I  don't feel that I  can have one and be  fair  to it.  Usually I can't take  a dog with me as I travel and don't  like  to  have  to board them. 

My last was a chocolate  lab and probably  the smartest dog  that  I've ever  owned.  I can't think of her  and not  get teary-eyed. 

I envy every one of you  that has such a loving  companion.

Gary

This is Grouvolk Bruno von Gruff as a young feller navigating for us out on a hunting trip.  I am Von Gruff on all the other forums I visit.

016-1.jpg

BrunoVonGruff.jpg

Tired after a hard day doing what dogs do

SunmorninglieinJan07_zps285219ae.jpg

And in his prime

009_zps48eec3d5.jpg

008_zpsc67c1f61.jpg

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Chris Roberts said:

here is my Holly (kelpie, border collie and aussie shepard), doing her best "I can totally help fix the wood splitter by being this close dad" look.

Ahhh, the old, "if im in your face I must be helping you dad" trick. My Rexy (see above, multiple times) feels this is the solution to his squishy old looking new puppy when he is crying. Despite the fact my wife or I may be holding him at the time, the closer he gets and the more licks he gives, he is convinced it will solve the issues. 

Philippe, is your friend a Belgium or German Sheppard? Very young there, can see the puppy fat rolls still. CUTE~ !

thank's.

malinois are only belgium sheppards.

4 types of belgian sheppards : gronendal, tervuren, malinois and laekenois.

for the german sheppard there is a coupleof different type but don't know them all.

sorry for the spelling, english is not my birth language, doing my best

Edited by philippe gi

Thanks Philippe. I knew about the first three but not the laekenois. Good to have the info. A friend had a gronendal called Silk. He was a great dog too. Very intelligent. Nutted me in the crotch the first time I met him, then ran victory laps around me whilst barking while I was on me knees.

Well, Pardon me, i thought Malinois was the puppies name, not type of breed... ;) Awkward. 

I just guessed Belgium from the face. 

Pretty nonetheless. 

My doggie sweetie. Took this picture the other morning, she didnt want to be out of bed yet but doesnt like being alone in the bedroom..7NhIo4c.jpg

• Like 4

LOL. Sad face much? 

4 hours ago, rickmanb said:

he didnt want to be out of bed yet but doesnt like being alone in the bedroom

Just shows you how dogs will always put you before themselves, most selfless creatures around. Dog are amazing. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chris C-S said:

LOL. Sad face much? 

Just shows you how dogs will always put you before themselves, most selfless creatures around. Dog are amazing. 

very much so, she's not a morning dog so she gives sadface all morning until she's ready to wake up around 10.. eventhough i get out of bed at 6ish lol

• Like 1

Grace is ever so pretty. My wife's dog is also a very pretty collie, black and white, and she was the one who introduced me to working dogs. I wouldn't have anything else now. Thanks for letting us meet her. :)

Chris, I can't say I have liked a dog more than working dogs. Smart, have personality, and loyal. We had a border collie/Springer spaniel mix named Ellie, before Grace. Always too smart for her own good. :D

Edited by Austin_Lyles
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Since Photobucket yanked all my pics, here's the most recent photo of my girl Trixie, just kicking back. Again, she's an eight year old puppy... ;)

vOifPUY.jpg

• Like 1

Seeing that photobucket has resorted to extortion and blocked all our photo's I will repost from another source.

This was Bruno (Grouvolk Bruno von Gruff) the day he decided to come home with us at 8 weeks old

DSCN0935.jpg

navigating for us on a hunting trip

Navigator_1.jpg

and in his prime

009.jpg

We lost Bruno on June 13th and his 12 years with us was way too short.  He is very sadly missed so many ways every day.