Sign in to follow this  
Toni

Legality of knives and selling them.

So, let's say I make a knife and sell it to some guy in some country x. A week later it turns out the type of a knife I have sold is illegal in that country. Is it mine or the buyers responsibility? If I start selling knives do I have to check every country's knife laws after I get an order from one?

So, let's say I make a knife and sell it to some guy in some country x. A week later it turns out the type of a knife I have sold is illegal in that country. Is it mine or the buyers responsibility? If I start selling knives do I have to check every country's knife laws after I get an order from one?

It's theirs I would say. You could check for them, but that would be an additional service. But checking the laws for each country is a lot of extra work, and laws keep changing so you'd have to do it regularly. Only if you happen to know it already, I would warn the potential buyer beforehand. Just make sure that you know the laws in your own country with regards to what you are making and selling.