KITH 2017 Kitchen Knife >6" Blade Any Material

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Brian Dougherty 2. Timothy Artymko 3. Doug Crawford 4. JJ Simon 5. Scott Wright 6. Wesley Alberson 7. Robert Dowse 8. Kevin Hopkins 9. George Ezell 10. Michael Lenaghan

Loosely speaking: A group decides on a theme for a knife around the first of the year.  Anyone who wants to makes a knife fitting the theme by the deadline, (which has been around June 30th the last f

I will suggest that we keep the drawing on the 30th, but allow Mr. Voutilainen time for his hand to heal so he can finish his entry.  If the person who draws JS's knife doesn't want to wait, I'll happ

On 28.6.2017 at 2:41 PM, Brian Dougherty said:

It sounds like an extension is in order.  End of August?  That would give JS time for his busted hand to heal up.

End of August sounds good. But, I can't make any promises because my injury might not agree with the timetable. It would also not feel right to unnecessarily delay this process for others. A switch seems like a good option if you are willing to risk a prolonged wait.

Thank you Brian for the vote of confidence!

Edited by J.S.Voutilainen
  • Like 1

Anyone left handed, before I start a japanese traditional single bevel? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Francesco Muci said:

Anyone left handed, before I start a japanese traditional single bevel? 

I am left-handed, but I have learned to adapt... It wouldn't matter to me.

Uhm... i will do a classic double bevel, just to be sure

Let's call the official (and final) revised ate to be August 31st, 2017.  I have amended the original post to show this.

Good luck to all who are still working.  I've seen a lot of nice knives so far :) 

13 hours ago, Brian Dougherty said:

Let's call the official (and final) revised ate to be August 31st, 2017.  I have amended the original post to show this.

Good luck to all who are still working.  I've seen a lot of nice knives so far :) 

Sounds good!

On 10-7-2017 at 3:58 PM, Brian Dougherty said:

On 11-7-2017 at 5:52 AM, Wesley Alberson said:

Sounds good!

Hopefully this new date will give others more opportunity to finish up :)