Sign in to follow this  
Scott A. Roush

Viking Wood Carving with Jay Haavik

HI folks... This April I will be hosting Jay Haavik for a 5 day course held at my shop in Northern Wisconsin. This is an awesome opportunity because A. Jay's work is phenomenal and B. It is very inexpensive due to it being subsidized by a Scandinavian heritage group.

There is an event page on Facebook that you can check out: https://www.facebook.com/events/396198907396835/

HaavikAprilPosterApril.jpg

Edited by Scott A. Roush

Man I wish I could come to this, if only I had the money and a ride to Wisconsin... Oh,well. Best of luck with the class, Scott!

This is very tempting. It's only an 11 hour drive from me. Collin, are you anywhere near Indiana?

This is very tempting. It's only an 11 hour drive from me. Collin, are you anywhere near Indiana?

Unfortunately not. I'm in Springfield, Missouri, which is in the southwest corner of Missouri, only a short drive from Branson. By the time I paid for the class and gas both ways I'd be out nearly $1000, which is roughly a grand more than I can afford to spend right now, not to mention eating out.

Thanks though, I genuinely appreciate it. I'm hoping if I work hard enough to sell a few knives, and get a little lucky I might be able to come to Shards this summer. I've been dying to go for the past two years, sounds like a blast and I'd love to meet some of the other bladesmiths.

Send me an email to bigrockforge(at)gmail.com if you become more serious Brian. As people sign up I can arrange car pooling if it works out. People come up to my place all the time from Indiana and Illinois.

Unfortunately not. I'm in Springfield, Missouri, which is in the southwest corner of Missouri, only a short drive from Branson. By the time I paid for the class and gas both ways I'd be out nearly $1000, which is roughly a grand more than I can afford to spend right now, not to mention eating out.

Thanks though, I genuinely appreciate it. I'm hoping if I work hard enough to sell a few knives, and get a little lucky I might be able to come to Shards this summer. I've been dying to go for the past two years, sounds like a blast and I'd love to meet some of the other bladesmiths.

Hope you can make it to Shards Collin...

• Like 1