Nick Woo

My first trys at making crucible steel

So I have been playing around with crucible steel lately. The first two ingots i made were most likely cast iron and would not forge without cracking. The third and fourth ingots were still very high carbon but were about to be forged. I over heated one half of ingot 4 while forging and it cracked all over but the other half forged out well with better heat control. over all I will say I really want a forging press.

Edit The videos I posted are not showing for me. Are they missing? If they are what is the correct way to post a youtube video?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0yvUTSOhoE

Edited by Nick Woo

Cool! I don't see the videos there, though. I had to copy the embed link, paste it here, then go to the full editor and click the top HTML button on the top right for a video I posted here.

I do see the videos, but only after I get a message asking if I want to display all content, not just secure content. Must be a browser thing since we upgraded the forum to SSL. Unfortunately I don't know a blanket fix. :huh:

Nick,

Nice to see some wootz experimentation here again..keep it up ...I think you are on track. That is a nice little knife you made there.

Jan

I do see the videos, but only after I get a message asking if I want to display all content, not just secure content. Must be a browser thing since we upgraded the forum to SSL. Unfortunately I don't know a blanket fix. :huh:

Same story here Alan........Only a minor irritant ....... ;)