Knife auction for Raymond Richard

Nick Wheeler

As many of you know, Ray lost his entire shop and barn in a fire recently.

Some of use folks that also hang out at BladeForums decided that since Ray wouldn't ask for help, we'd just gather some up anyway, in order to help Ray get back on his bladesmithing feet! :D

Dave Larsen and Chuck Bybee have been the front-runners, and I thank them dearly.

Here's the deal.

If you want to donate some money towards this, whether it's $5 or $100, we would sure appreciate it. You can send it to Dave at-

Dave Larsen

920 40th Street

Des Moines, IA 50312

Dave is gathering it up, and Ray will get a check, as well as a gift certificate to Lowes or Home Depot

We are having an auction to raise money for Ray as well. Mary Lutz has graciously agreed to donate a table at Blade Show West in Portland for us to display knives and knife related stuff that will be auctioned.

If you can donate a knife, that would be just super, and in that case, please send it to Chuck-

Chuck Bybee

22964 NE 26th PL

Sammamish, WA 98074

If you have some materials you'd like to donate to the auction, you can send those to me-

Nick Wheeler

1109 NW Mill St.

Winlock, WA 98596

The three of us (Dave, Chuck, and I) are cross referencing everything that we recieve with one another, so that we can make sure everything is accounted for, and 100% of the donations go to help Ray out.

I know linking to other forums is usually frowned on, but here is a link to the BladeForums thread if anyone would like to check it out-

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359582

Thank you guys very much!

-Nick-

Here is something Vintage Knives is doing to help Ray. Why is it improper to link to another forum? I have heard this a few times recently, but never before in the five years that I have been on them. I do it all the time but never knew it was wrong. ?????? Why?

Ebay auction benifit for Ray

Many are chosen, but few are Pict!

nick can u tell me why they closed the thread about a knife raffel for me

i thought that pretty much being an as--ole

if mr K.V. Collucci had any smarts he would realize that this is not an auction but a raffel

whats the difference in what u all r doing for raymond and what the TKCL and A B S r doing for me othere than its me not him??

THIS FALLS UNDER THE HEADING OF REALLY PISSES ME OFF

HARLEY

and don dont edit my post

Hey Larry-

Larry, I can't imagine anybody not knowing about you and your contributions to budding bladesmiths???

Okay, I went and found the thread Larry. The only thing I can think of, is the thing for Ray on BF was more of a notice to people, rather than actually holding part of the raffle/auction there. ??? :unsure:

There's sure no reason for this to shadow your raffle dude... we're all pulling for you Larry!!! :D

I wasn't trying to start anything bad or go against anybody's grain, just trying to help Ray out. :)

Thanks guys :)

-Nick-

ob btw- I haven't ever seen Don get upset about linking, but I know mods at other forums have, that's why I mentioned it.

Edited by Nick Wheeler

Hey Larry-

Larry, I can't imagine anybody not knowing about you and your contributions to budding bladesmiths??? 

Okay, I went and found the thread Larry.  The only thing I can think of, is the thing for Ray on BF was more of a notice to people, rather than actually holding part of the raffle/auction there. ???  :unsure:

There's sure no reason for this to shadow your raffle dude... we're all pulling for you Larry!!!  :D

I wasn't trying to start anything bad or go against anybody's grain, just trying to help Ray out.  :)

Thanks guys :)

-Nick-

ob btw- I haven't ever seen Don get upset about linking, but I know mods at other forums have, that's why I mentioned it.

29680[/snapback]

nick

no offense to u or raymond

i know hes in the pits right now

i was just pissed at the forums!!!!!

chemo make u a little testy:)

wife has all the bullets hidden

harley

nick

no offense to u or raymond

i know hes in the pits right now

i was just pissed at the forums!!!!!

chemo make u a little testy:)

wife has all the bullets hidden

harley

29692[/snapback]

Hang in there Larry, we are all praying for you. Vent when needed.

Thanks for the answer Nick. I tend to swerve off topic alot. Did not want to commit another social blunder. :banghead:

Many are chosen, but few are Pict!