Sign in to follow this  
Charles du Preez

Picture and link issue

Hi Everyone

I seem to be encountering a couple of problems and am not sure if this is my end or not. In Sam Salvati's post Tong Making Tutorial (pinned 3rd from the top in Tools and Tool Making) none of the pictures are showing. I have tried to look on 3 devices and still no joy. Can anyone else see the images?

Also, in the Beginner's Place, the 'Beginners please read this before posting' thread by DGentile seems to have a dead link. I found the end of the link by using the site:bladesmithsforum.com trick but can't get it to link directly.

If there is a problem, and at the risk of making a rod for my own back-side, I would be happy to report any encountered errors to whoever deals with these as I work my way through the posts. If not, no worries.

Thanks for the help,

Charles

If you read the whole tong-making thread you'll see where Sam removed the pictures but offered to put them back if someone paid him.:rolleyes: 

As for the Dan Gentile posts, those are all very old.  I am not surprised some of the links are dead.  If they refer to the old forum at dfoggknives.com you can, as you saw, switch that out and it usually works.  If it's an offsite link all bets are off.  Any specific ones that aren't working?

Ah! Kinda stopped reading that thread when I couldn't get the pictures to work. Now I see :mellow:. That is really what prompted my post. I have found a few dead links, mostly external though. If I find any other internal ones I'll remember the dfoggknives bit.

Thanks for the help.

Charles

PS how much does Sam want? :D