Kevin Klein

Mokume Damascus Fighter

A sizable chuck of time went into this project, and I am very proud of the results.

The mokume is fabricated from silver, copper, and two different copper/silver alloys I cast and milled for the project. The rest of the fittings are made from the same metals. The blade is 15n20 and 1084 and has an 8 3/4 edge length and is 13 3/4 overall. The area just behind the guard was fabricated hollow and has an African Blackwood core while the pommels fabrication is mostly solid. As a result, the blade is very light and very well balanced. The handle itself is also African Blackwood.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask

0319171641.jpg0319171648a.jpg0320171627b.jpg0320171630e.jpg0320171714a.jpg0320171732e.jpg0320171737g.jpg0320171738d.jpg

Edited by Kevin Klein
  • Like 3

Very clean, the contrast of the mokume is awesome!

• Like 1

Good lord Kevin, what fantastic work!  

• Like 1

While this is gorgeous, and I honestly cannot appreciate the amount of work that went into this, are there people in the world who would spend that amount of money on a knife? 

I cannot fathom that is all. Nonetheless, well done and good luck with the sale. Again, this is beautiful. 

• Like 1

That and more Chris. Wish I was one of them :)

• Like 1

So nice whit the mokume finish, exceptional

• Like 1

Wowzer !!!...............B)

• Like 1

Thank you Brian, Clifford, Karim, Devin, Charles, and Chris.

Chris, surprisingly, yes! A fact that took me for a spin when I got into this industry. Its hard to fathom, but I am still new to the game. There are high end established makers whose starting point price is above my set price on this piece.

Afraid I do not Devin. Maybe in the future :-)

This piece is SALE PENDING...

On 3/27/2017 at 2:15 PM, Charles du Preez said:

That and more Chris. Wish I was one of them :)

I do as well Charles ;-)

Just finest work. And I believe there are rich people, who are patrons of art and they love both wokrs of art and supporting great talents. That phenomenon has been known for thousands of years. And this masterpiece is definitely worth it's price. If my feelings were equal with my wallet weight I would buy it :P

Such a beautiful knife. I hope someday i'll be able to make something like this.

Thank you Wesley, Rick, and Kris.

I was just talking to another individual about that Wesley. When I have a moment I will see how many pieces of the puzzle I have photos of, and I will make a WIP page for it sometime this week.

Time and effort Rick :-)

That is very kid of you to say Kris, and very true. The Patron-Artist relationship is very important, and when it works, it is a rather beautiful thing.

On that note, this piece is SOLD, to Daniel O'Malley of Blade Gallery. He has a very fine collection of work, well worth checking out :-)

On 4/5/2017 at 11:59 AM, Kevin Klein said:

Time and effort Rick :-)

Yup =D. Putting in my time making crap now, to make something beautiful like this later. Such goes every learned skill in life =]

• Like 1