• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan Breen

What wood should I put on this Kiridashi?

3 posts in this topic

This kiridashi I am making is almost done and I need to make a handle for it can anyone give me a suggestion for what wood I should use also I am in the Northen Territory so would Iron wood be a viable option?

PS the knife isn't finished it is just out of hardening thanks.

IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG

Its your first post, so welcome on the forum. Regarding the question, the answer is prob. related on w you have laying around, can get your hands, personal taste... I would say mirror finish and light wood. On the other hand rough look and some dark hardwood scales. W is the blade made of ?

Well I have no idea what metal it is made of but I had a nice variety to chose from and this was nice and flexible. But you think that a lighter wood will look good on the knife? I am saying this because it has a nice gray colour on the knife. Do you think iron wood would look nice because it has that nice red and dark wood colour. As for the mirror finish do you just mean on the bevel or the whole thing and will it overpower the rest of the knife? But I think I will go with the rough look like you said and Maybe have a scotch bright finish on the blade. Thanks for replying