One for the Eugene show, a bit of an exotic integral...

Stainless/carbon damascus san mai keyhole integral fighter with desert ironwood.  Sorry for the dang phone video, I'm a little short on production time right now!  

Edited by Salem Straub

^ What they said and more. That is fantastic work. Well done. 

How did you do the bolt through tang? I am assuming you have threaded somewhere on the bolster and fed the bolt in after handle assemble?

Chris, the keyhole is cut into the bolster, then a blind hole is drilled and tapped in the front of the keyhole, towards the blade.   It's all marked out so the bolt hole intersects with it.  I've pressed the block back out, drilled it and re-pressed it in, which works, though on this one I marked it out accurately enough to carefully drill a 1/4" bolt hole all the way through the grip to meet the drilled/tapped bolster hole.  Took a little fussing at the end.  The bolt head is covered by an african blackwood plug.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Salem Straub said:

Chris, the keyhole is cut into the bolster, then a blind hole is drilled and tapped in the front of the keyhole, towards the blade.   It's all marked out so the bolt hole intersects with it.  I've pressed the block back out, drilled it and re-pressed it in, which works, though on this one I marked it out accurately enough to carefully drill a 1/4" bolt hole all the way through the grip to meet the drilled/tapped bolster hole.  Took a little fussing at the end.  The bolt head is covered by an african blackwood plug.

I am eons away from doing something like this, however the wood worker in me loves the keyhole (odd shaped dovetail) fit. Well done. Thanks for explaining it.