• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
James Helm

Forged in Fire Season 4

28 posts in this topic

James,

Congratulations on the win! It was neat to see you and Rashelle on the air! :)

I liked that answer, James.  It reminded me of the old joke: a knifemaker won the lottery.  When asked what he'd do with the money, he said " Well, I reckon I'll keep making knives until the money's all gone."  :lol:

Thank you!

Alan - You're more right than you may realize.  :D

This is the last of my FiF stuff. It's dominated my week, but now I need to get back to working on Blade Show inventory.

A washed-out look at the push knives I did for the first challenge. They can actually be seen better in the reflections.

33376879763_a0a4072c2d_c.jpg

The katzbalger in its hideous glory:

33786898000_42ce3e27df_c.jpg

My second take on the guard. Didn't like how the first one fit, so abandoned it before I finished out the quillions.

33786901840_5b08d7fe43_c.jpg

And my second take on the handle since I ground through the side into the channel for the tang on the last day. So many things had to be done several times on this that I named it "der doppleschwert".  The pommel was forged from a piece of pipe with the end cap oxy/acetylene welded on. The TeroTuf of the handle fits down into the pommel and the flared tube rivet goes through pommel, TeroTuf, and tang.

34171484295_fdcd5b973d_c.jpg

And finally, a YouTube video featuring myself and fellow FiF champion Tobin Nieto (season 2, episode 8, Cutlass) reflecting on the show, our experiences with it, and answering common questions and criticisms. It's as long as an episode of FiF, but I think it's both entertaining and informative.