• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Jonas Liebel

I started a Youtube Knifemaking channel

20 posts in this topic

Greetings everyone,

I wanted to share with you my first video on my channel - Bloodforge Knives.

It shows the making of a nordic style knife, and is oriented more towards an audience of beginning Knifemakers, or just people that like to watch interesting craftsmanship.

I would be happy if you would give it a try, and maybe leave some feedback!

Cheers.

edit: can someone help me out with how to post the video directly to the forum without uploading the whole file? im king of lost :wacko:

Edited by Jonas Liebel

Ahhhh, thank you :D I tried to follow the old "how to post a video" - post on this forum with embedding and stuff...

Vid looks good, if for the beginning makers some instructions could be useful like bevel angels, ht info, why was the first heat not hot enough, why o2 ;)

Hm you may be right... Im going to add further instructions in future Videos.

But I also think that just by watching it you can learn something, get curious about the things you don't understand and look them up. Thats how I got into Knifemaking in the first place :D

Jonas, Nice knife. Good video. I find it just amazing what some people can do with limit tools. Your video has made me think about somethings in perspective. THANKS. 

Keep up the good work. I have sub-scribed and liked. 

1 person likes this

I have to thank you for your kind words ^_^ I am happy if my viewers are happy :)

Edited by Jonas Liebel
1 person likes this

dude that knife is nice. Useful and looks beautiful. Mothers day is coming up and I think iv found the perfect gift for my kids mum. Thank you. 

1 person likes this

I am really impressed with this knife and video.
You have made an excellent knife with very basic tools.
Good job.
Keep it up.

2 people like this

+1 to what JJ said.  Excellent work.  Just goes to show that quality is not dependent on equipment like many people think it is.

2 people like this

Thank you all for your positive feedback!

It is quite motivating to hear this from very experienced knifemakers ;)

7 hours ago, D.whitla said:

dude that knife is nice. Useful and looks beautiful. Mothers day is coming up and I think iv found the perfect gift for my kids mum. Thank you. 

I would be more than honored :)

Edited by Jonas Liebel

That filing jig you have set up is amazing aswell lol that was my first project this morning haha definitely made it easier doing my file work and it gave me cleaner edges. Going for a mirror finish on this blade. Got the rough blank done this afternoon. Going with tasmanian oak, red gum and aluminium for the handle. Considering doing a sheathe out of the same aswell.

The idea for the filing jig is not coming from me, i got it from "Gough Custom" :)

But im always happy when my video can inspire people to do something!

Hehe. I was just about to say how much I liked the filing jig. D.W. beat me to it.

Subscribing, would love you to keep doing how to videos for beginners like me ;)

1 person likes this

Well it has saved me a lot of time and effort so thank you lol. I do all my finish work by hand so anything that can reduce the work is a plus for me.

Nice work on your latest vid Jonas. Keep at it. :-)

1 person likes this

@Jonas Liebel Your latest Kiridashi vids are great man. You should post them on here to keep everyone in the loop who is not a Sub on Youtube.

They are real clean and nice looking items.

Again, thank you very much Chris!

So you think it is okay to use this thread to post my videos? I thaught that most people on this forum already know the "basic" steps of knifemaking that i cover :D

But will gladly follow your words... voliá!

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor