• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
S. Cruse

Bladesmithing / Blacksmithing schools around Las Vegas?

I am relocating to Las Vegas this summer and wondering if anyone in the forums runs a school or has a forge out in that area I can attend.

The only smith I know that frequents the forum, and lives in Vegas (actually Henderson. but close enough) is Jim Hrisoulas.  But, I don't know if he teaches, or how he feels about having guests in his shop.  You might approach him and see if does offer teaching and what his price may be.  You should hope he does, because learning from Jim... well it would be learning from Jim.

Where in Vegas you moving too?  I used to live there and still have lots of family there.

Well i am from Kingman Az, but lived in that area back in the 90's thinking of Henderson area actually.  I'm a single dad and my mother was recently widowed and we all want to get out of the midwest

Hmm, I rolled my truck half way in-between Kingman and Ash Fork about 17 years ago when I hit black ice.  Pretty crappy night.  Anyhow, Henderson is nice.  I lived right on the edge of Vegas and Henderson and worked at a grocery store in Henderson for a few years while in school.  Changed quite a bit since I lived there though.  My brother lives off of Boulder Hwy and likes it.