First blade

aNwaters

Hi everyone would like to introduce myself my name is Andrew and I'm completely new to knife making this is the first blade I have done it is 8" overall length and  3.5" blade I made it out of mild steel just for practice didn't want to ruin a good piece of blade steel my first go at this I got to say I enjoyed this little project,was just wondering if I could get some feedback back on the good and bad points of this blade.

IMG_20170429_114619244.jpg

IMG_20170429_114609430.jpg

IMG_20170429_114600926.jpg

IMG_20170429_114553364.jpg

The good, very nice design. That would be a great edc or bushcraft knife. Looks like a full flat grind?  The handle looks pleasing to the eye and should be fairly comfortable. I can only see one bad, and it's not exactly a bad lol. The ricasso looks like you ground that separate from the rest of the blade?  If so, on a "real" blade you run the risk of creating a valley deeper than the rest of the bevel, which means more grinding lol. Like I said, not a bad, just something to be careful of. 

Cool thanks yes it's a full flat figured get good at that and the other flat grinds would come easier, on the grind on the ricasso I ground the plunge past the spine and that was my fix to make the line look more pleasant guess with experience that will not happen again.Thank you for your advice.

Yep, it really boils down to experience. A lot expect it to happen overnight lol. One thing that really helped me is Fred Rowes bubble jig. My bevels really started to get better. It helps u develop a feel for how to hold the blade when grinding.