• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Rich Bostiga

Picture Issues

7 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is a problem with the new board, but I'm having a lot of problems with pictures not showing, even on recent posts (like in the last couple weeks).  This is a perfect example:  https://www.bladesmithsforum.com/index.php?/topic/35285-50mm-x-1830mm-grinder/.  Could there be something in my computer settings that is causing this.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

For what it is worth, those pictures aren't showing up for me either.  I'm using the latest version of Chrome.  Checked it with IE too, same results.  

Thanks for the quick response Jerrod.  I probably should have mentioned, I'm running Chrome, Version 58.0.3029.81, on Windows 10.  I also tried it on Firefox, and Microsoft Edge, the crappy new browser included in Windows 10, and the pictures don't show in any of them.

Some of the pinned posts are missing pics too. Such as this one: 

In almost all cases you're not seeing pictures, it's because either the owner has removed them or some part of the web address has changed.  It's not the forum.  When you find missing pics, PM the person who originally posted them to see if they are still available.  I don't know if Chris took down the grinder pics, but I do know Jesus's address has changed since he posted that thread. 

This is an issue that affects the internet in general.  Addresses change, hosting services go away, people move stuff and don't update their links.  I have tried to keep the site-specific links here up to date, but I know there are a few that are not fixed for assorted reasons.  Such as, I haven't found them yet, or I don't know how to fix them... :rolleyes:

Thanks Alan.  I didn't think Chris' pictures were links, but that would certainly explain it.  I work at a large corporation, with hundreds of servers, and all we nee is for someone to change on level in a file structure and everything breaks after that.  I'll message Chris.

I will try and repost - Nothing has changed at my end and i didn't take them down. Bear with me. 

Edit:

Turns out my pictures are on my laptop at home, now on my profile at work :P - Will upload again when i get home. 

Edited by Chris C-S