• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian Myers

Very first leather sheath

4 posts in this topic

It's an ugly little thing. But for my very first I'm proud I could pull it off. I learned a lot, especially about getting a design down in mind first before cutting it out. My next sheath will have the belt loop coming up behind the handle, I was limited on leather so I had to make do. I also need to practice my stamping before I use such a busy design again. 

20170509_185450.jpg

20170509_185441.jpg

20170509_185414.jpg

hc_1494373195751.jpg

1 person likes this

Congrats Brian, Nice tooling. Are you going to dye this at all or leave it natural and let it age/stain with use? 

Is that blade a skinner? 

Yes that's a skinner I designed. As for the sheath, it's not really something I plan on using again. This was just some practice to get my feet wet lol. So I won't be finishing it or anything. 

1 person likes this

Fair enough. Good work nonetheless. :) 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0