• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
owen bush

Forge in at bushfire Forge May 2018....

I have Dates for the bi annual forge in at Bushfire Forge.
18th to 20th May 2018...

BushFire Forge on the Kent /London Border UK

3 Days of demonstrations, lectures and forging etc.

Demonstrations and Lectures by: (more information soon)

Jeff Helmes – Canada

Paul Macdonald – Scotland

James Elmslie – Scotland

Blenheim Forge– England

Mick Maxen – England

Grace Horne – England

Owen Bush – England

More info Here.
http://owenbush.co.uk/forge-in-may-6th-7th-8th-2016/

a year away but I am already looking forward to it!

Looks England heavy.......I may have to come and heckle.

Ric

Ric, come along....lots to Heckle!

Charles , email the email adress in the link....Happy to take bookings now.

I will try my very best to be there again.

I had a lot of fun last year, and learned more than I thought was possible in three days.

It will be great to have you all here.

Bumping this one up. I have my ticket and hope to see some of our worldwide brethren here. Bring your beard, I’m sure Owen and the others will supply the fire.

a New Years thought for the forge in.

Next year May 18th- 20th is my biannual forge in, 50 to 70 people from the craft , from many countries gathering to share knowledge and talk shop and drink beer on the weekend of the 18th 19th 20 May.The forge in has a cost of £150 which I use to cover some of the expenses of the gathering (Its a non profit event, I aim to break even but normally make a loss) 
Anyhow I am aware that for some people especially those struggling to make a living from the craft the cost of the event and getting to it, can make it too expensive to attend.
I have gotten a great deal from gatherings like this, from a technical POV as well as the camaraderie of my fellow craftspeople. I have found it invaluable knowing that I am not alone in my work and I have made some great friends.
So I guess this is a small way for me to try and give something back.
I would like to offer up 4 spaces at the forge in for free, and I am willing to cover travel expenses and a sum for food and drink at the event, so attending should cost these 4 people nothing .
I am really aiming this at people who have started in the craft, so students or Makers rather than absolute beginners.
So if you would like to come to a Major Bladesmithing gathering. but can't afford it or know someone who fits the bill, email me some details about yourself/them and your/their work at owen@owenbush.co.uk
This will only be open to people living in the UK (unless there are no takers in which case I may expand it)
I am not interested in knowing anyones financial situation (asking is enough) and will keep any correspondences and names private.

Wishing a happy new year to you all, may your fires burn bright in 2018. Hope to see a few of you in May.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Someone better be taking a whole lot of photos to share from this.   For 2 years since the last bushfire forgein i've been trying to plan to get to this one, and everything was all set... but the big nor-easter storm we had this weekend exposed a leaky roof on my house and now I'm going to have to bail on a trip to london and use the money for re-shingling the house =(  

21 hours ago, Justin Mercier said:

Someone better be taking a whole lot of photos to share from this.   For 2 years since the last bushfire forgein i've been trying to plan to get to this one, and everything was all set... but the big nor-easter storm we had this weekend exposed a leaky roof on my house and now I'm going to have to bail on a trip to london and use the money for re-shingling the house =(  

Thats a shame Justin......but a dry house is more important!