The big green turd (New HT setup!)

T-Rex is the way to go. I've had mine for a couple years and love it, in any application. I was just thinking of buying a new this week and saw this thread. My little forge gets hot fast but is kinda like a $200 car with $1000 wheels. Ha. Next one with will be a little more swanky. 

IMG_1323.JPG

Edited by Charlie Meek
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Charlie Meek said:

T-Rex is the way to go. I've had mine for a couple years and love it, in any application. I was just thinking of buying a new this week and saw this thread. My little forge gets hot fast but is kinda like a $200 car with $1000 wheels. Ha. Next one with will be a little more swanky. 

Sweet! I know how you feel. I've recently made a change in my mindset when I make tools for myself. Used to, I would just make something that would work well enough to get me through the operation I needed it for. Now when I make a tool, I make one that's nice enough to sell, because I know I'll need it at some point in the future and it's good practice, too. 

Anyway, my burner is finally here! it looks really good, the machining is nice and clean, all of the parts that are threaded screw in and out smoothly, the sliding parts slide smoothly, all around it looks like a really high quality piece of equipment. I haven't been able to fire it up yet, I need a fitting for my new propane line from High Temp Tools and some Teflon tape, but I'm in the end of Missouri that is currently being nuked by God's watery wrath, so I guess I'll get to it when I can haha

I got this picture for my Instagram in right before the flooding started back up.
trex.jpg

The T-Rex burner works super well. Very controllable plus or minus about 3F and gets up to heat really quick. Next I'm going to take the lid off so I can take the bricks out and mount a piece of angle iron as a firebrick rest to choke the exhaust, because it wasn't heating 100% evenly. The burner end was roughly 20-30F cooler, but I'm not totally sure because I was moving my one probe back and fourth. Here is a video on my Instagram if you guys want to watch it! www.instagram.com/p/BUp6hAkDPgA/?taken-by=collin_miller_bladesmith

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...