Here's my latest blade. 1080 steel, curly maple scales with 1/4" brass pins. There are some hammer marks I couldn't get out, but that proves it's hand forged :) 

large.IMG_0598.JPG

• Like 1

That edge looks quite 'toothy' how sharp is that? and does it cut well? 

Nice looking knife. Thanks for sharing. 

Looks good. One thing that catches my eye the handle looks a little blocky. Watched an episode of FIF where Doug downed one of the makers knives for being squared off across the bottom. Of course when your chopping things you probably ain't got no business chopping, it probably was rough on his hand!! LOL :lol:

Keep up the good work!

I put the final edge on it with an electric sharpener, though I haven't stropped it yet. It's quite sharp.

2 minutes ago, C Craft said:

Looks good. One thing that catches my eye the handle looks a little blocky. Watched an episode of FIF where Doug downed one of the makers knives for being squared off across the bottom. Of course when your chopping things you probably ain't got no business chopping, it probably was rough on his hand!! LOL :lol:

Keep up the good work!

The handle is fairly small, so I was worried about taking too much off. It's designed around my wife's very small hands, though it feels pretty comfortable in my very large hands.

4 hours ago, jheinen said:

I put the final edge on it with an electric sharpener, though I haven't stropped it yet. It's quite sharp.

The sharpness here would definitely be through the "toothyness" then... 

Are you looking at getting some stones, or other sharpening system?