Wicked cool. I love the fuller and false edge. That's a fierce-looking blade for sure. 

Very nice! This a very well proportioned piece.

Now THAT'S a sword.  Beautiful yet menacing--exactly what a kriegsmesser / langes messer should be. Awesome work.

I've always wanted a kriegsmesser / langes messer for my collection, but good ones are hard to get, and expensive. The couple of manufacturers that make good ones, Albion & Lutel, are out of my price range. Wish I could buy yours! ;)

Beautiful work!  I love how faithful your messer is to the original.  It is nice being able to see what the original would have looked like.

Beautiful!

one thing I can't wrap my head around is how the hilt is put on the blade. Could you please explain this?

(I am working on my own Kreigmesser so any way you could help is greatly appreciated!)

-Gabriel

I too think this is great.  Thanks for sharing and including the tips on how it is done.  But it really got me thinking:  How do you rivet the nagel to the cross-guard when you can't get to the back side of the rivet?  Or does the rivet go through the blade and out the other side of the guard?