Have you ever put something up

C Craft

Have you ever put something up in your shop and you did such a good job you can't find it!! Damn Gremlins!!! Image result for gremlin emoticon LOL

I bought 4 carbide strips to be used for file guides and now that I am making up a couple of new ones and well............................. I can only find the original two I took off the old file guide!!  

On the flip side I am getting a lot of things picked up and put back in place on my workbenches in the shop!!   Image result for cleaning emoticonImage result for laughing emoticon

C Craft Customs ~~~ With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down ! If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner! ~~~ C Craft

Constantly. Of course, my "shop" is a desk, an old dresser, and a 30 gallon tote in a corner of the living room.

Oh, and my gremlin's about 3 feet tall, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

I keep telling you guys that the answer is not more organization, but less.  My shop got to the point that a pile of crap fell over on the gremlin one day.  It was the end of the poor critter, and no other gremlins wanted to take the job after that.

I did have to deal with the gremlin picket line in the driveway for a while complaining about poor work conditions.  However, now all my stuff stays lost in exactly the last place I set it down and covered it up with some other junk.

• Like 1

-Brian

I've been looking for my grinding jig for a couple of years now.  I know that I put right where I could lay may hands on it.

Doug

HELP...I'm a twenty year old trapped in the body of an old man!!!

I am starting to get organized again after my move in 2013, it is quite the process. Proper tool storage and having a designated location for (almost) everything is a solution and goal.....I am slowly reclaiming my floor and bench space. Dang gremlins....

What makes me even more mad is, (you know there is no plural to mad) that I am now finding stuff I forgot I had. I found some handle material I had forgotten I had. Which in its self is not that bad, except I recently ordered some just like it for a knife that needed to get finished. The walnut burl I had was even a nicer piece than the one I just bought!!!

OK I see you over there in the corner laughing. Hey, hey what are you doing, no you can't cut my power!!!

Image result for gremlin emoticonMeet my new friend, gremlins, bla ha ha!  Image result for pictures of a mean dog

Oh, by the way I haven't found those carbide strips I started out looking for!!

Edited by C Craft

C Craft Customs ~~~ With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down ! If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner! ~~~ C Craft

I once spent 2 days (with 2 people ) looking for a sprocket that was part of an embossing press. about 1 inch long and 3/4 diameter... 4 man days$$$$$.......found it in a tool box under some hex wrenches where it had hidden its self........one of those things that I could not even remake without finding it first.

tideid contents of shelves tool boxes ......quite thereputic once you are comitted.

Also found all sorts of long lost struff!

forging soul in to steel

owenbush.co.uk

My parents used to tell me that if I cleaned up a bit I would find anything I lost, never worked once. 

I have an eight layer bar of wrought and packing strap somewhere, it's only 1/4" x 1/4" x 12". I got some good twists on one part of it too.... I was thinking a 5-bar Viking sword with a twist in the middle surrounded by pin stripes and a monosteel edge would be cool. I know I meant to put the bar wherever I put it.

Making miniatures is a curse. 

Yeah well........

Pie chart.png

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

The only bad experience is the one from which you learn nothing.  

Josh

http://www.dosgatosdesignsllc.com/#!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdJMFMqnbLYqv965xd64vYg

J.States Bladesmith | Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/dos.gatos.71

https://www.etsy.com/shop/JStatesBladesmith