New hammer acquisition, 300 lb. Beaudry! Full rebuild with detailed pics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey man!  Yeah I just posted it in reply over on my dagger thread, but it needs to live here, too!  Enjoy...  

Hopefully yes, my pal is coming by next weekend to help drill and epoxy the final bolt holes, and I'll wire the motor up, and hopefully we'll get some pattern welding done on it the next day!  Video i

Well, I had enough of trying to track down hammers, afford them, dicker over price, lose deals from distance and competition... so I contacted my friend Larry Langdon and sure enough, he had a good pr

You guys like that?  Well, I've got a bit more for you then!

V-belts came in, with smaller motor pulley, now installed to achieve 200 rpm.  I had measured carefully and am very happy to find that the belts fit nice and tight.

LV5Cb57.jpg

6" wide rubberized canvas belt being trimmed to 5.5" width for the flat pulleys...

peeQ71Z.jpg

Flat belt cut to length, laced, and installed.  Drive from motor to ram complete.  Treadle and brake linkage adjusted a little; idler tensioning, brake timing, and foot height seems good.

lWMvHB7.jpg

Edited by Salem Straub

Hopefully yes, my pal is coming by next weekend to help drill and epoxy the final bolt holes, and I'll wire the motor up, and hopefully we'll get some pattern welding done on it the next day!  Video is a promise.

Edited by Salem Straub
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Salem Straub said:

Hopefully yes, my pal is coming by next weekend to help drill and epoxy the final bolt holes, and I'll wire the motor up, and hopefully we'll get some pattern welding done on it the next day!  Video is a promise.

Cool !,  yer givin me inspiration to get my power hammer together, got a good bit of the materials gathered and need to start fittin and framin...B)

• 1 month later...

Hey man!  Yeah I just posted it in reply over on my dagger thread, but it needs to live here, too!  Enjoy...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Gawd damn! That thing is beast! Excellent work on the rebuild. The whole time watching the video I was screaming in my head " BAM BAM BAM". 

The the control of it too. Went from slow even strikes to fast and accurate. Can't wait to see all that she does for you in the future! Forge on brother!

• 2 weeks later...