A few blades and some ironwork

So i have been busy traveling, and knocking out TODO list items. I have acquired quite a few orders so you guys should see more knives from me very soon.  I was commissioned to do the ironwork for a local business sign. CNC plasma back plate and hand forged -  Black ebony bolsters- black and white ebony 2pcs set. Walnut, red lace burl. Got in a hurry and forgot to hot stamp my makers mark. My makers mark was laser engraved like the high relief wooden sign and acrylic letters. Critiques always welcomed :D

Signage 001.JPG

Signage 005.JPG

001 005.JPG

• Like 2

That's a nice little sign holder! Clean, crisp, but looks like it was custom made, so great job there! And those knives are looking really clean and consistent. I really like that big fat one. What are the specs on it if you don't mind? I like that zebrawood( or bocote?) And what steels are you using?

Well done Sir, I have to second what Timothy said.  Also, profile of the iron work is unique and catches the eye better than similar work that has a more rounded swell, seems like you're getting better by the day.

Very clean knives nice! Love seeing the iron work, I think it shows additional artistic ability most people don't associate with bladesmiths. The curvature on upper scroll is great I really like it. Great job all around!

10 hours ago, Timothy Artymko said:

That's a nice little sign holder! Clean, crisp, but looks like it was custom made, so great job there! And those knives are looking really clean and consistent. I really like that big fat one. What are the specs on it if you don't mind? I like that zebrawood( or bocote?) And what steels are you using?

The santoku is 6" with a 4.75" handle. The bolsters are black ebony, and the handle scales are BLACK AND WHITE ebony. the paring blade is the same but unfortunately the streaks got sanded out of that one :(

The bottom burl blade is forged from 1084, the rest is 1095

thanks guys for the compliments!