BAKCA 2005 Best of Show Sword

Nick Wheeler

Congratulations Dan Pfanenstiel!!! :D

I was elated when I heard them call Dan's name for the Best of Show for his sword.

We had looked it over thoroughly, and it's a wonderful piece. I hope Dan can get a picture of it for show and tell!

Dan also showed us a sword he had taken to a rough polish with a habaki fitted... and it was just awesome. You guys need to beat up on him to show his work here more! :D

Good on 'ya Dan!!!

-Nick-

Edited by Nick Wheeler

Thanks man. You guys are the greatest. It was great to hear my name called too.

Don't be shy though.... Nick won best bowie/fighter with a shweet bowie.

This BAKCA show is a good one. Gone through growing pains and is really coming along. Good one to look into if anyone out there is looking for a fun show to buy and sell.

There's some pictures and stuff up on my sight. My Webpage

Dan Pfanenstiel

Well done, Dan! :notworthy:

Nice looking sword...crappy picture. <_< Got a better picture?

Seriously, I'm soooo impressed with your work and the fact that you do it all by yourself. Not that sole authorship is the only way to go but it just warms my heart to see your stuff get the attention that it deserves. A tremendous effort deserves a tremendous reward.

This proves that there *is* justice in the world and it gives me hope and an incentive to work harder and to perfect my own stuff. Or at least take it where it needs to go! :ylsuper:

Congrats to you, Dan. And to you, Mr. Wheeler! :35:

Brian

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

"The innovator is not an opponent of the old. He is a proponent of the new."

- Lyle E. Schaller

http://home.mchsi.com/~hermits/BrianRVanSp..._Edged_Art.html

DAN&NICK congrats gentlemen, on a job well done!!!

Dan thanks for putting up the pics. really in enjoyed them..

Glad to see You are keeping your sense of humor, Raymond. Hope everything works out to where you won't be down over a year.Grin.

Chuck

Thanks Brian and all. It's starting to feel like the dues I've been through are paying off now. I think it will always be a thrill to get some recognition. I get all goofy when a picture gets published in a magazine and it's just not that hard to do. The money's not supposed to be important either but it don't hurt.

BTW, the wakizashi sold this morning. Good thing, it's time to order supplies. There'll be more pictures though. Still waiting on the show photographer.

Dan

Well done, Dan!  :notworthy:

Nice looking sword...crappy picture.  <_<  Got a better picture?

Seriously, I'm soooo impressed with your work and the fact that you do it all by yourself. Not that sole authorship is the only way to go but it just warms my heart to see your stuff get the attention that it deserves. A tremendous effort deserves a tremendous reward.

This proves that there *is* justice in the world and it gives me hope and an incentive to work harder and to perfect my own stuff. Or at least take it where it needs to go!  :ylsuper:

Congrats to you, Dan. And to you, Mr. Wheeler! :35:

Brian

30273[/snapback]

Dan Pfanenstiel