• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charles du Preez

Bookmarks?

5 posts in this topic

Good morning. I was just wondering if it is possible for an individual member to 'bookmark' a post for quick and easy finding later on? I generally use 'follow' and find them that way but this slightly bothers my OCD and lists every single post not just the title. Thanks.

Edited by Charles du Preez

I'm using FireFox.

When I hit "bookmark" it saves it under the thread name.

This one: Bookmarks? - New Board Issues - Bladesmith's Forum Board

In a multi-page post, it goes to the top of the page you are on when you save it.

Thanks Don. I mostly use an iPad. Your advice still works well. I've made a folder called 'bladesmithsforum' and saved most of the pages from 'following' to that. So all neat in one place, thank you.

The other option is to hit the "Follow" button on the forum. You can then backtrack to the threads by clicking your name in the upper right corner and choosing "Manage Followed Content" from the drop down list. This works no matter what browser you use or device you are on, although it's a little trickier getting to them on your phone.

Thanks Joshua. I was using that but found it a bit cumbersome. On my iPad anyway it would list all the individual posts when I did that, not just the headings to click into.