Jeremy Blohm

60lb power hammer build

I've been trying to figure out the best way to move my power hammer to my new house and I just might cut it up and move it in pieces and rebuild it into an air. My original plan was to build an air hammer and because I didn't have the compressor capable of running it I chose to go mechanical. Now I have a compressor that needs a motor and a new motor for the power hammer that would be capable of running the compressor. Now I just won this contraption that has everything I need to rebuild it to air. Then the electrical panel can be used for my phase converter and the table for my belt grinder. So what do you guys think....Time to rebuild?

0b37f84ee7ede9f63e290a4e01089bec.jpeg

• Like 1

Why not  ??.................................;)

Sounds like a plan......

Posted (edited)

Well after much deliberation I have chose to go the other route and build an all new hammer and keep my mechanical. You can never have too many hammers right? :D

Edited by Jeremy Blohm

I Put a hillbilly brake on her and ground these flat dies into rounding dies. I had to kinda use the welder as a torch to heat up the brake to bend it so the welds really look like crap but it is welded REALLY solid. I might grind it down a little and weld it agai. Just to make it look better. But then again the whole thing is a rust bucket. :PResized_20190417_162046.jpegResized_20190417_171827.jpeg