Jump to content

Blade Design Name


Recommended Posts

Does this design have a particular name, being concave on the end instead of coming to a point?  I see a lot of these being made from old wrenches.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's the type used in cutting competitions, so I usually refer to them as competition choppers...  If they have an official name I don't know it.

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A dropping point like that is usually something like a wharncliffe or sheepsfoot, but I suppose those are more convex of a drop...

Trying to make each knife just a little better than the last

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the blade shape is similar to a parang, but the handles are a pretty generic western style...

Jake Cleland - Skye Knives


"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."


Albert Einstein

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...