Sign in to follow this  
Zeb Camper

Chile habanero problems

I bought a chile habanero forge a while ago, and run it off of a 100lb. Propane tank that i keep full and I have a heated blanket around it to keep it from freezing up. But I can't seem to keep the gas from going back into the burner, and one burner doesn't run nearly as hot as the other. It runs for a little while and then i hear that noise like as if you were whistling into a fan. And then I mess with the chokes for a little, then eventually just shut it off. I was using coal before this and would probably switch back if I hadn't spent so much money on it. But has anyone else experienced this? And if so, How do you fix it? 

That was totally not what I expected from the title. :)

Ditto, especially as I have some  20 odd Trinad perfume, Numex Suave red (decided to ease on the heat this year for extra flavour) and Jalapeños growing in the back garden :)

Sounds like you need to contact them. Normally it's a good product.

What kind of pressure regulator do you have on the forge???

Thanks for the advice guys, I contacted chile on friday I think. They as usual were very prompt and cordial in there response and offered to send me new contact tips (they call em' nozzles) as they said they may be clogged. So I told them not to bother, because I thought they couldn't be clogged because It came to me not working right. But I told David I would check anyway. I took it apart and the nozzles were very very clogged with some sort of plastic looking stuff. It runs great now. I forged two blades right after that and it works perfectly. 

• Like 1