Sign in to follow this  
jake cleland

Gentleman's EDC

Just finishing this one up. 4 3/8ths" blade of 1095, 1/8th" thick, differentially hardened, with some subtle alloy banding brought out by a deep etch. Sculpted composite steel and copper guard. Bogoak handle carved with celtic knots, and inlaid with engraved silver escutcheons. Copper butt plate, bail and ring, and pins. Hand stitched leather sheath:

billy done 1.jpg

billy done 2.jpg

billy done 3.jpg

billy done 4.jpg

let me know what you think...

• Like 4

The flow on this piece is utterly fantastic! The gentle curve of the entire spine side of the knife makes the rest of the lines subtly smoother. And as always a wonderful transition from the blade to guard right through to the more traditional buttplate. And can't get enough of that copper and bog oak!

That might be my favorite piece of yours yet, Jake, and that is saying something!  The lines, the inlays, the carving, the engraving, it's all spot on.  I love it. B)

I saw you post this on Facebook, and I love it.  Like Alan said, there isn't a part of this that I don't love.  Just a great looking knife.

Very elegant, looks like it could accomplish any EDC job with style. I love the way the spine tappers to the point, and the slight curve of the edge. And the handle is amazing. 

I really love the guard, the sculpted steel with the copper is elegant and really adds to the lines of the blade and handle. Lovely all around.

A big 2 thumps up, love the guard area

Excellent.

thanks for the comments - delivered it to its new owner on Thursday, and was very well received...

Awesome work with some very intricate and detailed artwork on the handle....just out of curiosity how long did it take to do all that intricate work on the blade and handle??

Jeff, I haven't kept a record of the exact hours that go into an individual piece for years - too depressing - , but I'd guess the knife has about 30 hours in it, and about half of that would be decorative/cosmetic stuff - carving, inlay, engraving, bluing, etching etc...

Beautiful knife! All of the colors and shapes contrast with each other so well and form the whole knife, amazing job.