Norowareta Tanto or "The knife that tried to kill me via stress" for short

1 hour ago, Gabriel James said:

dangggg your w&b came out way sexier than mine. Im both Jelly, and excited :P

It started off as a gorgeous piece of wood.  The price reflected that as well :|  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Shawn Hatcher said:

Such a cool piece, Wes.  Sometimes the best ones come into the world kicking and screaming.

Ain't that the truth Shawn.  Thanks man, I appreciate your compliment!

Wes, fantastic piece!

Very clean lines, great choice of steel, wood and tsuba material. It all goes together so well. This blade has a nice dynamic of dualities that harmonise; copper and wrought iron, bright and dark wood and then of course the hamon that divides the steel, bright and dark.

Great beauty can be both a blessing and a curse so I think this tanto is also blessed.

Edited by Viktor Johansson

Wes, in time you will come to love that piece. It is worth the work. I have a couple like that. Fought me every step of the way, had to do everything (everything) at least twice, etc. That is beautiful, though. Elegant, clean, smooth. I really like it. Especially after seeing some of the bastard monstrosities that people call tantos these days (if you dare, look at other fora, it will be educational... like seeing a train wreck or a five-assed monkey).

great!

kc

It's funny that you say that Professor; I was just thinking yesterday that the more time that passes since I have finished the knife, the more I grow fond of it.  I always know that folks on here will commiserate with those projects that are struggles.  But I am glad you like it!  I appreciate the compliments.

As far as "American" tantos are concerned...  a five assed monkey is right. lol I cant even say that without laughing (and I swear that must come from South Park with Dr Mephisto!)