Rafał Garbacik

Pattern welded sword blade, long knife with wolf teeth and few blades.

Hello,

I would like to show you a few of blades that I welded in a last couple of months.

Everything is welded from S235 low carbon steel and 50HF spring steel. Only axe is made of C45 steel and 50HF welded into the cutting edge.

First I want to present viking sword blade, the core is made of 2 bars with separate sections of twist pattern and solid blades. 

It is 75 cm long, 5,2 cm wide and the thickness starts from the 7mm near tang and ends at 4mm at a tip.

5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG9.JPG10.JPG

Next one is the long knife with wolf teeth blade, 42 cm long and 3cm wide. It is welded from 2 twisted bars, wolf teeth blade and solid thin plate on top.

1.JPG2.JPG

2 little knife blades, with the simillar structure to the long knife. The small one's blade is around 7 cm long.

3.JPG4.JPG

And the last one, welded axe from the folded piece made of C45 and piece of 50HF inserted into the cutting edge. The handle is made of ash wood. Axe head is 14,7 cm long, cutting edge is 8,8cm long, and the handle is 56 cm long. The weight of the whole axe is 680 g.

11.JPG12.JPG13.JPG14.JPG15.JPG16.JPG

Regards and thanks for watching, Rafał Garbacik.

• Like 8

Only to the seax blade :) Maybe the black oak and silver on handle and sheath :)

I agree with Michal but my favourite has got to be the long knife. Do you sell blades or collaborate with someone for handles?

I collaborate now, but I made also handles, and sheaths. Lately I just haven't got enough time for making handles, so I post only the blades that I made. But I hope it will change during this summer :)

Cool. Keep us posted too.

beautiful collection of fine blades, they all seem clean with cool pattern welding  !

These are all stunning. Well done, very clean work. :) 

I love the pattern of the first blade.  All of the blades are beautiful though.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:32 AM, Rafał Garbacik said:

I collaborate now, but I made also handles, and sheaths. Lately I just haven't got enough time for making handles, so I post only the blades that I made. But I hope it will change during this summer :)

If you happen to want to sell those bare blades think about posting here, please!