Number 4. Not sure what to call it.

I made this a while back and just got around to posting it.  This is my fourth completed knife.  I hope you all enjoy.  7.5" 1075 blade with interrupted water quench.  Handle is Elk antler shed with coco bolo and copper fittings.  Everything was done by hand. Forged then filed to shape. 1500 grit finish.  I am not sure what style of knife this is other than kind of a pukka crossed with a tanto.  It pretty mucheap organically came together once I made the blade shape. I let the materials inspire me in the forms.

20151017_120859.jpg

20151017_120834.jpg

20151017_120800.jpg

20151017_120709.jpg

• Like 3

I would call it cool! I really dig that inset copper collar, multi-part handle and the texturing!  It's a really great package.  Great work!

That is a captivating knife. Very well done. Kind of reminds me of a pangolin. Maybe an idea for a name.

It is a surprisingly comfortable knife.  The carved design forms an apple seed shape wide part on top near the blade and a reversed apple seed shape near the rear thus leaving a hollow for the meat of the hand.  Hopefully, you guys can understand what I am trying to explain.  But it is a very comfortable knife.  I gave it to my nephew who had done me a huge favor a long time ago and had requested that I make him something in repayment.  It took me 10 years to get around to it but I think that it was worth the wait.  There is about 30 hours in the knife when it was finished.