• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JeffFogleboch

CPM154 Gyuto w/ Tasmanian Blackwood

1 post in this topic

I know you guys are gonna hate me because this isn't forged but...sometimes a high quality stainless blade is what you need B)
Anyways I am very proud of this and I hope you guys enjoy it!

Blade: ~7" (177.8mm) cutting edge with CPM154 stainless heat treated by Matthew Gregory (thanks man!) and it is about 2" (50mm)  tall allowing for plant of knuckle clearance. I used 0.1" (2.5mm) thick stock and it tapers down to a needle point and the edge is almost at zero. The spine and choil are crowned for comfort.

Handle:Wa handle style about 5.125" long (130mm). The bolster is made from black paper micarta to mimic buffalo horn but have complete water resistance. The body portion of the handle is made from a beautiful piece of stabilized curly Tasmanian Blackwood. This stuff looks sort of like Goa wood and the amount of chatoyance it exhibits really is something to admire. Simply put it's a gorgeous piece of wood. 

Overall this knife is ~12.25" or 311mm

Price: I am asking $500 plus shipping which will probably be done via USPS.

and now for some pictures!

IMG_5087.JPG

IMG_5088.JPG

IMG_5086.JPG

IMG_5083.JPG

IMG_5095.MOV

IMG_5097.MOV

Edited by JeffFogleboch