So, I have never seen a single episode and Liz is suggesting that we might want to get these from Net Flix. I was just wondering if anyone had any input on the show and whether it's worth watching.

Definitely a good show. I like seasons one and two best, just because it's just about a simple farmer who undergoes hardships, and always comes out on top. He doesn't ask for fame, or fortune, titles, or status, but he gets it because other people give him a hard way to go, (like try to tell him he can't do something or try to kill him). It's like listening to The Rooster by Alice in Chains. It's pretty accurate to legends about Ragnar and his children and their fame (although Ivar the boneless the ruthless conquerer is depicted as a cripple) It also is close to how real vikings might have lived (rituals, gatherings, trials, raids, beliefs, etc.) 

I had a hard time getting into the series even though I really wanted to.  Way too much political intrigue for my taste.  I have to deal with that crap in real life, and have no interest in it for entertainment.

I can see why people like it, and don't mean to "Dis" that point of view.  However, if you are like me, and have a low tolerance for drama in your off-time, you may not like it.

Don't look for accuracy in weapons, armour or tactics. Aside from that, not bad. Btw, the Vikings had a word for people who consistently went into battle with no helmet. It was not berserker, in fact, it was "idiot".

14 hours ago, Al Massey said:

Btw, the Vikings had a word for people who consistently went into battle with no helmet. It was not berserker, in fact, it was "idiot".

That would make sense. :lol: