Sign in to follow this  
Zeb Camper

Best epoxy/resin/glue for g10

I am currently working on a camp/bowie/SHTF knifewith a 9 1/2" blade for a return customer who asked me to make it a long while ago. I realized just how long ago that was yesterday, and I decided he should get a price cut, and I'll just eat the expense. That being said, He's not getting anything too special, but still he will get a good knife for next to nothing. I have two peices of 3/8" brush camo G10. What I want to do with it is carve out the tang shape on both halves with a dremel, and glue them to and around the tang. (Yes I will have a pin in it too, and also peen the tang to a wrought iron plate on the back). Does anyone know what the best epoxy would be for G10? Would fiberglass resin bond to the tang as well as the handle?  Thanks in advance :D

15048354199081568922175.jpg

2017-09-03 19.58.48.jpg

Oh, and in case you were wondering, 80G stands for 80 grit. The other side is sanded to 120 :)

I use West System's G-Flex epoxy.  It has a long working life (so you aren't rushed after mixing), and takes a day to set, but once it does you would need to destroy the handle to get it apart.  Amazing stuff.  

• Like 3

On 9/7/2017 at 10:18 PM, Wes Detrick said:

I use West System's G-Flex epoxy.  It has a long working life (so you aren't rushed after mixing), and takes a day to set, but once it does you would need to destroy the handle to get it apart.  Amazing stuff.  

Hello,

I'm trying to gluing a piece of copper with G-10 fiberglass and I'm wondering if this will work with it? if not, do you know any other product can work for me?

Thanks for help

Fady 

Rough up the surfaces of both pieces and it should work.

G2 epoxy works really good for most stuff, I find. Very long set-up- at least a day or so- but very strong.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2019 at 12:57 PM, Fady A. said:

Hello,

I'm trying to gluing a piece of copper with G-10 fiberglass and I'm wondering if this will work with it? if not, do you know any other product can work for me?

Thanks for help

Fady 

What Al and Alan said. G-Flex works on pretty much everything.  It is a Marine epoxy and was designed to hold up really well in bad conditions.

Edited by Wes Detrick