• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel James

Neighborhood Nerd Competes on FiF

It's My privilege and honor to announce that I was blessed with the opportunity to compete on Forged in Fire. For those of you who do not know, I will be in this Tuesday's Episode on the History channel at 9pm EST. Regardless of the outcome I made 3 lifelong friends and had the time of my life with these Smiths roaming around NYC. Tune in and Cheer for your local Nerd on national TV 1f603.png

The experience was nothing but awesome all the way around.

• Like 1

thanks alot guys. I got my Bachelors degree in knife making from this very forum. Thanks all to have answered questions and guided me along the way. I at least was competant enough to fake the funk and pull out a "W" hahaha! here are a few pics of the final weapon21729949_10154625834840146_22062604_o.jpg21741941_10154625834880146_389885037_o.jpg21742369_10154625834850146_1461498441_o.jpg21755026_10154625834835146_541873884_o.jpg

• Like 3

Are there bigger pictures of that hamon?  Don't hold out on me Gabe!

And congrats on your win!  Hope that yours winnings do some good things in your life :)

• Like 1

Nice work Gabe good to see you pull out a win....On the more humorous side of things the pommel in your hand looks like you're holding a big set of balls....LOL

Awesome sword Gabe. It was a really great contest and I'm glad to see you won! Enjoy your fame!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wes Detrick said:

Are there bigger pictures of that hamon?  Don't hold out on me Gabe!

And congrats on your win!  Hope that yours winnings do some good things in your life :)

I have a cell phone video i took haphazardly before i had to crate it up. But the compression makes it just look like blah. It looks decent on my phone.... idk  I should have went for a very high contrast hamon, instead of a subtle one, oh well

Congratulations Gabriel! I can't watch it (don't have tv) but I can say that I wish I could. Awesome to here of another fellow forumite showing the tv world what real knives are ;) And that's a fantastic sword and the hamon is beautiful! It's really too bad that you don't have better pictures.

• Like 1

i dont normally say this publicly but i dont have cable either, i just download the torrent right off of KA and put it on my 4TB storage hard drive to watch whenver i want :P

Congratulations from another cable-less member. The sword looks great.

Is there any way to get to these Season 4 FiF episodes anywhere?

History.com always keeps them locked.

i torrent them from a site, PM me and ill give you more instructions on how to get them. I got a few screen grabs if that helps any?

y2.JPG

y3.JPG

yatagan.jpg

Thanks! i got another screen grab, not sure if these screen shots are any better than my pics. I got a snap of Dave mokume bolsters too

21706557_10154636697210146_2133730387_o.png21769237_10154636695455146_1096247093_o.png1505400868574-forgedinfire1.jpeg21845455_10154636694080146_1545174500_o.png

Man,

Congratulations!

I am starting to think that maybe, just maybe this site should turn into a guild of some type. I know I wouldn't be half the bladesmith I am now without it!

Keep on keepin' on Gabe!

-Gabriel

• Like 2

Just aired in the U.K. Congrats Gabe. I've been avoiding this thread until the episode aired here.

Watched the "cutting deeper" replay of your episode the other night. Congrats on the win! It was fun watching you work.

I sort of know Josh from a blade group on Facebook...seems like quite the interesting character in person...