• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
JPH

Oh Man...Paladin is closing...need a publisher

Oh man...I just got a letter from my publisher..Paladin Press...they are closing their doors Dec 31...and well...My books will be out of print as of then.  So I need a new publisher and well..I gotta ask...does anyone know of any that publish books in this genre??? All help and suggestions are appreciated... My first one has been in print for the last 30 years and none of them ever went OOP.... I knew this was going to happen when the owner passed this last spring... Sigh.

Paladin has offered me the ready to print files for all of my books as well as the video files for my videos...all copyrights revert to me as of Jan 1 2018...so I gotta get cracking...

Thanks all

jph

Hello:

I really don't want to deal with a vanity press/self publish situation..too many headaches and costly steps.. Paladin spoiled me...granted...

JPH

Hi JPH

Murray Carter's book is published by Krause Publications, a division of F+W Media, Inc. 

Schiffer Publishing Ltd also do some knife and related books.

Hope this helps

Cz 

Jim, ask my friend Mark Zalesky at Knife World Books.  That's what they do!  Www.knifeworld.com.  If I can find it soon I'll PM you his home phone number.

Well, can't find his home phone, but the general email is knifepub@knifeworld.com.  Even if he can't take you on he'll know someone who can.

Other Contact Information for Mark:

Email: knifepub@gmail.com

Telephone: 865-397-1955.  That's the front office.

thanks to you all kindly for the leads.....I appreciate that greatly... Will let ya all know what happens..

JPH

TST: that is something  I don't know about at all....me being  somewhat of a  Luddite I don't think that most folks would want to take any electronics out into a forge area..books are bad enough...but if the publisher wants to...that would be their call...I just write the dang things...

JPH

A few of the experts on the Nihonto Message Board use Lulu as a publishing mechanism; apparently it is not expensive and it is easy to do. Hard copy books and E books.

Edited by SteveShimanek

Hi @JPH. Well, I suppose I’ll have to put something else in the blank space on my Christmas list that was reserved for your next book; I know you’ve been busy with the house and all. Have you found a new publisher though?

CdP