• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Christopher Price

Forged In Fire, October 10

32 minutes ago, Christopher Price said:

so the Tabar-Shishpar hangs in a place of (dis)honor at home

You competed honorably and you accepted the judges' decision honorably. It hangs with honor as a testament to your efforts and actions. Display it proudly. You deserve to be proud of what you did.

Thank you.

I am happy with my work, I just shouldn't have been so certain of myself thinking they'd test it with the robo-arm... it just seemed inconceivable, having watched the show so much, that they'd grab the sharp ax side and swing the mace with a purpose. Thought for sure they'd put it in a rig for that. I didn't want the handle to be compromised, and the weight, once the momentum built up, would devastate whatever it hit without falling apart. 

Silly me and my proud assumptions. 

Given what I HAVE seen them test with the robo arm it seems like a good decision. Then again, when they tested the Afghan T-backed blade, which was designed to split and pierce mail-type armor, they did not test that capability:wacko: