• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Warner Smith

The price was right...

26 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Brian Dougherty said:

I'm glad you got it home Warner, that is going to be a great work table for many years.

C Craft & Jim,  I actually knew the weight of the press, and it was 50 lbs below the load limits of the two ladders combined.  However, I had no way of knowing how well distributed the weight was,

That's easy enough to tell from the picture, the one on the left is at half the distance compared to the one on the right, therefore the one on the left is taking twice as much weight as the one on the right. So the one on the left is taking 2/3 of the weight, and the one on the right 1/3. In other words, you're lucky that there's additional safety margin build in those ladders. 

Edited by Jeroen Zuiderwijk