Are there any bladesmith master craftsman near Madison Wisconsin

Are there any bladesmiths that are willing to take on an apprentice, near Madison Wisconsin? I'm asking because I am looking for a mentor that is close to where I live and go to school. 

It generally doesn't work that way.  See the pinned thread "how to become a bladesmith" down in The Way for the reasons.  That said, I assume you have checked out the Upper Midwest Blacksmiths Organization, which has members all over Wisconsin and parts of Illinois and Iowa. http://umba.name/ is the website.  I know you specified bladesmith, but learning to forge is part of it.  All the skills you pick up for general smithing are of great use when you decide to narrow it down to just blades.  Plus those guys have connections for tools, people, classes, and so on.  Check 'em out!

I'll look into that Alan thanks. Josh im a 2hr drive from Madison near Baraboo and the Dells and I will also look into the class you mentioned.

Andrew, Im in Sheboygan county, and Ive been to 2 of Ric's classes in Door County. I had a great time and learned much! I cant say enough about the experience.  I would recommend him to anyone. The bladeshow in janesville is coming up in march, and I think he may be there.