• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Alan Longmire

multiple posts error 145

We know...  sigh...  Be patient until it gets figured out.  There is a bug in the software.

It would help if I knew what I was doing!  :ph34r:  For the record, until it's fixed I can't delete the multiple posts either.  

Still working on it.  Apparently a table has crashed somewhere, and every time I try to submit it to InVision support I get the same error.  Thjanks for being patient, y'all, and please don't try to post more than once!  It will show up.

Thanks to you! I was wondering who was actually paying for this forum. I think I've got my answer. I know ad free forums cost money to run and I would gladly donate some if there was a way to do so.

Not me!  We have a generous patron who has thus far refused all efforts at financial assistance.  I'm just the doorman because my job is mostly sitting at a computer.B)

• Like 3

It may be working again!

OK I was on earlier today and tonight I had to log back in when i got on tonight. We have this bleached out look to everything. OK who did what!! Cmon look me right in the eyes, I smell guilt. 

Well that use to work with my kids when they were little. I told my wife one time I could tell immediately when our son was lying, my daughter she could keep emotion of her face till you told her she was full of it. And that little wry smile came up and you knew she was guilty!

So what happened to all the color!! I feel like I am looking at one of those old black and white tv shows that they figured out how to add a little color too!

Yeah, but look at the bright side. Now everyone who didn't have a picture for an avatar has this really cool big letter instead of that ugly gray silhouette!

Yeah, part of the deal was forcing an "upgrade" on us.  They've been trying for nearly a year now, but after the fuss the last one caused we didn't do it.  Small price to have the forum back, though!

I think the little hearts for "likes" are just divine. Do you think we could spice the place up with some ferns and maybe some background music ?:rolleyes::D

I've been tweaking the color scheme a little, but it's all sort of vague because what they call things bears no relation to what it actually is or does...:wacko:  I can't for the life of me find which f the 35 color choice buttons does the frames around the subforum sections on the homepage.  Plus whatever I do back there behind the curtain I'm always a little worried might cause problems, so I'm a bit hesitant to do a whole lot.  And yeah, the little hearts are simple precious. :rolleyes:

It's all fine man, this lavender is starting to make me feel groovy you know...

How about this macho royal blue? :lol:   Thing is, the color bars in the admin toolkit do not match the colors as shown here, for reasons unknown.  So I'm sort of flying blind.  Colorblind, even!

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:44 AM, Alan Longmire said:

I'm just the doorman because my job is mostly sitting at a computer.B)

You call that archeology?

Every day in the field equals a week at a computer. <_<  Indiana Jones it ain't, especially when you are also forced to be half bureaucrat and oversee contracts, etc.   It beats spending six months at Fort Polk any day, though!

Ft. Polk is a really nasty place in western Louisiana near the Texas border that's had an ongoing survey program for twenty years now.  Every archaeologist in the southeast has done time there and has the scars.  It's like Australia in that everything there is poisonous, and on top of that there's live fire all around you and at least 80 years' worth of unexploded ordnance that you're walking over and sometimes hitting with a shovel.  Just so you know.;)

From my Dad,

"The better you are at your job the further you get pushed away from what drew you to it in the first place.".