• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
JPH

The Last Two Weeks' Work...Balls to the Wall

Hello:

I have been more or less "away" from here due to the fact that we are working on getting a new place down in Florida..and we DID.. In Spring Hill in fact ..So..I am now working Balls to the Wall trying to get as much "stuff" done as I can so I can build a new studio. ..

Our new place is close to 2 acres. A 1800 sq ft home (we are trading "down: in size from 3200 Sq Ft that we had in NV...)  with LOTS of room to build a kick arse studio....PLUS there are numerous semi-wild pea fowl running all over the place  (yummmmm better than turkey or even pheasant ..GOOD EATING  believe me, they are TASTY!!!.)  So here is the first part of what I have managed to get done since Nov 1..  (I still have like 6 more pieces I have to put the grip studs in and I will post them here shortly once they are done..) So in the words of "The Great One".. Jackie Gleason..  And Away We GO!!

If the grip material  on some of these look a tad bit familiar..it's some of that pre WWI  Bakelite that I managed to get a while back.. Now as far as I know that recurved  thingamabob with the Bovine Ivory grip is the longest piece of "Mosaic Damascus" made to date in the United States (if not world wide....but I dunno for sure about that...so...) with a 34" long blade. Something to consider... It is wicked.... Heh heh heh

All of these PLUS the half dozen I will be finishing tomorrow will be posted to my site sometime tomorrow evening...Also I will be having a "Jim Needs Money to Build a Studio" sale that will start tomorrow evening as well..  (Shameless plug)  

So let me know what ya'all think about these..

Take care..

JPH

DSC04424A.jpg

DSC04427A.jpg

DSC04432A.jpg

DSC04433A.jpg

DSC04439A.jpg

DSC04441A.jpg

DSC04458A.jpg

DSC04462A.jpg

DSC04469A.jpg

DSC04474A.jpg

DSC04488A.jpg

DSC04498A.jpg

DSC04505A.jpg

DSC04515A.jpg

DSC04517A.jpg

DSC04449A.jpg

DSC04452A.jpg

Edited by JPH
  • Like 3

Stunning steel as usual.

Good luck with the move, and building your new studio.  Are you able to keep the shop in Nevada operational until you move into the new one?

Always impressive JPH.  That white handled dagger with the center twist bar is something else though.  I have little hearts for pupils.  

As Brian above said, good luck and congratulations on your move and new digs.  I am sure that you all will love them.  A bit different in the kind of heat though.  Going from the dry desert to the sticky humidity.  I have lived in both Vegas and the South.  I hate both kinds of heat :lol:

8 hours ago, JPH said:

All of these PLUS the half dozen I will be finishing tomorrow will be posted to my site sometime tomorrow evening...Also I will be having a "Jim Needs Money to Build a Studio" sale that will start tomorrow evening as well..  (Shameless plug)  

It can't possibly be a shameless plug when you don't even include a link to your website.  B)

Excellent.  I like seeing you work with twisted w's, one of my favorite patterns.  And I agree with Wes, that white multibar dagger has it going ON.