• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Tiaan Burger

Two stilettos and a kitchen knife

I have two stilettos which I have made in the past couple of months. the first has a vine climbing up a staircase ending in a flower with silver dot inlays. The second is a gargoyle perched on top of a staircase. both hand carved. The material is mild steel, as it does not need to hold an edge.

The third knife is a san-mai kitchen knife, a layer of 1070 and a layer of mild steel, with two-tone handle and storage scabbard.

All three are listed on my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/tiaanburgermetalart

Thank you for looking.

DSCF5290.jpg

Good to see you again, Tiaan!  And yes, excellent use of the Rubik's Cube twist!

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2017 at 8:22 PM, Alan Longmire said:

Good to see you again, Tiaan!  And yes, excellent use of the Rubik's Cube twist!

Yes, been a while since I last made anything worth posting here. Most of my time was taken up by carving, but I am now slowly getting back into the knife scene.

I actually managed to make an almost normal knife! (also listed on Etsy, https://www.etsy.com/shop/tiaanburgermetalart , I'll post more pics in the Show and Tell forum a bit later)

DSCF5291s.jpg

You will see in my post on Show and Tell that I have started working on this little craft knife again. At first I deactivated the listing on Etsy, but this morning I decided to reactivate it. I'll post a new photo every day, and update the price according to my jobcard. For more info go to my Etsy listing