My latest and last work for awhile

20860BBF-585F-4937-8A77-438B94DF5A86.jpeg4A2E47E8-4A55-4150-9609-9B7D8991BCDD.jpeg530E1086-A691-483F-9627-955ED6CE69CE.jpeg

1080 steel, bocote handle, egg aged copper fittings.

this will be my last knife for awhile due to us moving out of Florida up to North Carolina, Finally getting out of the heat! :D  

Edited by Mason Simonet

Very nice indeed!  But I hate to disappoint you, most of NC is every bit as hot as Florida in summer, and the bugs and humidity are worse. ;)  The general level of sanity is much higher, though!  Whereabouts are you headed?

Burnsville, right outside of Asheville. 

We will be in the mountains so it is cooler than most of NC. At least I will actually have a winter! :P 

Edited by Mason Simonet

Dude!  That's just an hour from me!  You'll have to come to the smith's guild meetings here and in Spruce Pine!  You will be surrounded by some of the best artist blacksmiths in the country.  And I'm not one of them!

I will definitely have to check that out.

It will be nice being in a place that there are a lot more blacksmiths, not like here when you tell someone your a blacksmith you get the  “uh, wait what?” Response, or “oh there’s a show about you people now!”.  I will probably be able to find a good anvil to :D 

32 minutes ago, Mason Simonet said:

I will definitely have to check that out.

It will be nice being in a place that there are a lot more blacksmiths, not like here when you tell someone your a blacksmith you get the  “uh, wait what?” Response, or “oh there’s a show about you people now!”.  I will probably be able to find a good anvil to :D 

Last time someone around here said "I'm a Blacksmith" they got "Common name but ...you don't look..."