Wesley Alberson

KITH 2018 poll

KITH 2018  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should the theme be for the KITH 2018?

• Hatchet/Tomohawk
    • Scissors
    • Dividers
    • Magic Themed Knife/Edged tool
    • Vegetable Peeler

The more the better!:D

Would an Elvish knife, such as Legolas’s white knife be suitable for this KITH? Im on the edge about wether it would fit or not and want somefeedback before I go with something like that.  Thanks in advace! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LukeS said:

Would an Elvish knife, such as Legolas’s white knife be suitable for this KITH? Im on the edge about wether it would fit or not and want somefeedback before I go with something like that.  Thanks in advace! 

Of course! Elves are magical IMO. 

• Like 1

When reading tolkens books all the blades forged in Gondolin by the elves had majical properties.

• Like 1

What is the final submission date for this year?

On 5/22/2018 at 1:16 AM, ScottWright said:

What is the final submission date for this year?

this is a good question maybe@Alan Longmire  can help us out.

Edited by Jeremy Blohm

I should kick it into gear if im going to get mine done. I have been working on a few things to make sure i get it right. I dont want to hand off a hunk of scrap. If it all goes to h+/! I and it comes down to it i will just be in it next year. But what i have planned should be really cool in the end. Im leaving it a surprise but i will post some WIP photos... even if i fail.

Edited by Jeremy Blohm

I don't usually pay much attention if I'm not in it, but from I have been able to find the cutoff date to be done is June 30.

Then I discovered there is no KITH 2018 signup thread. 

If you want it to happen I suggest fixing that.  Right now there are no firm commitments.

I should really be on the forum more often, if I had seen this earlier I would have been able to work something awesome into my blade production schedule, but as there are only 3 Sundays left I don't think I could do the theme justice 

• Like 1

Is anyone else besides Alex, possibly Jeremy, and I actually participating? Should there be talk of a time extension? I just see a bunch of empty threads.

I plan to be done on time, but I wouldn't complain about more time. 

I think we should extend the deadline. I just forged the blade for mine today. What should we do? End of next month?

I have had some setbacks on mine and would also like an extension to the end of July. Thanks

I must admit that I haven't started on my entry yet, general life and paying commissions got in the way I'm afraid.

I hope I will be able to still participate with the extended deadline, but I would rather drop out than deliver something sup-par.

We will see how it goes, I should have some more time soon.

I have all the materials for mine now. I can get started on it at the beginning of the week. Hopefully i can get it finished how i want. There is a couple things im not 100% sure about but all that will get addressed soon.

so is this the kith sign upp thread or is it just the few of us because I think I have one for this and ive wanted to participate for YEARS!

Look a few threads down (at the current moment anyway).  

It's labeled as the 2016 completed entry thread, but he really meant 2018.:D

Oops...it's 2018 now. :D

Edited by Jeremy Blohm
  • Haha 1

What is the kith deadline this year? If i have time i have the start of mine but i have to figure out my forge blower or just build another propane forge because i sold mine when i was hard up for money. I have all the materials except for the kast-o-lite but that shouldnt be a problem. If i could have until the end of this month i think i can pull it off.

Lets call it the end of July, + or -, ish.

Edited by Alex Middleton
  • Thanks 1

Thanks im going to get busy.