Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Blohm

4x101 inch belts

I have an edge sander that i think was homemade but has a nice tensioner and contact wheel. Written on the side is 4x101 and after measuring the belt that seems about right. I cant find any online. I found 4x132 inch whit it crossed my mind to add another wheel or two and makit 4x132 bit any suggestions about where to get custom belts made or if anyone has a piece of equipment that uses this size belt where do you get them from?

On a side not this this has a 3/4 hp 1750 rpm motor on it! :( i have a 3 hp 3450 rpm im going to swap it with!:D

Edited by Jeremy Blohm

Call Jeff at Tru Grit Abrasives.

• Thanks 1

Norton can also make you what ever you need, but usually you have to buy a box of what ever your having them make.

Thank you for the suggestions. I went to true grits website and they had 4x113. Norton sounds like it might be the way to go. When i order I will be getting a couple boxes of various grits so that shouldn't be an issue. This is going to be mainly used for shaping handles. The 3/4 hp motor just isn't enough for this big of a belt. Not bad when using the contact wheel but do anything on the flat platen and it dies right out.

_2c2c7e222D20132D41612Db8f42D9d56b2a35734FILE33.JPG

__73550ef02D79412D4c1d2Dafc72De14c7dd9ba74FILE35.JPG