Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
David Forsman

More kith questions

Recommended Posts

Heron marked blades from "The Wheel of Time"  Forged before the war of power with Aei Sedai weaving fire and destruction into their making. Hammers that could sunder the very gates of heaven, spears graven with ravens carried by a one eyed man with all the luck of battle at his fingertips.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jonathan Silas said:

Heron marked blades from "The Wheel of Time"  Forged before the war of power with Aei Sedai weaving fire and destruction into their making. Hammers that could sunder the very gates of heaven, spears graven with ravens carried by a one eyed man with all the luck of battle at his fingertips.....

Love that series

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Eric Morgan said:

Love that series

I can't count the times I've read through it, and have listened through the whole series on audio books 3-4 times as well. Had a huge impact on me as a teenager, reading about the Stoic warder who's advice to a lost young man was to face whatever came on his feet...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2018 at 11:34 PM, Jonathan Silas said:

I can't count the times I've read through it, and have listened through the whole series on audio books 3-4 times as well. Had a huge impact on me as a teenager, reading about the Stoic warder who's advice to a lost young man was to face whatever came on his feet...

I have to give you credit, I couldn't get past book 6. Loved the first two books though. Felt 5 and 6 were losing steam fast

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Dan Bourlotos said:

I have to give you credit, I couldn't get past book 6. Loved the first two books though. Felt 5 and 6 were losing steam fast

You hit what we in randland call "The Slog" there's so much information that has to be set up for the following books that the pace slows to a crawl. If you can muscle through it picks back up and is amazing once again. 

  By the by, were sorta neighbors, Elizabethtown here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KITH question:

Must the magical edged item / blade be practical or can it be a legitimate edged blade (HT and all) but be more decorative / artsy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chris C-S said:

KITH question:

Must the magical edged item / blade be practical or can it be a legitimate edged blade (HT and all) but be more decorative / artsy? 

I would say make it as artsy as you want, as long as it is pointy/sharp and heat treated, and sturdy enough to use.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wesley Alberson said:

I would say make it as artsy as you want, as long as it is pointy/sharp and heat treated, and sturdy enough to use.

Sweet. I have a super sweet idea, WELL Nerdy, but cool. I wont let anymore out of the bag until get the piece i am planning to model it off and then see if it will work. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JJ Simon said:

Not to be persnickety a knife is not a knife without a proper heat treat.
It is a knife shaped object.

That's a given I would have assumed, if that was directed towards me. 

I plan on it be perfectly usable and not just a BSO. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...