• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Gerald Boggs

Master of Yakut knives

I like to occasionally surf the news of other lands, the Siberian Times is one of those.  A video titled "Master of Yakut knives" is on the main page.  It's been up for quite a while, but today I thought I would share: http://siberiantimes.com/home/ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM9qUwQjLN0

Edited by Gerald Boggs
  • Thanks 1

Very cool video.

I really love the Yakut style knives, I am going to make one someday.

I am really curious about how the asymmetrical blade and bevel perform

I am with Peiter, I love Yakut knives.  I follow a bunch of Russian knife makers on Instagram and Facebook, and I love seeing what they make. Many of them manke Yakut knives quite frequently.   I have thought about making one at some point in the future.  Thanks for the video!

This is a new style to me. Would you call this "hollow forged" as opposed to hollow ground?  Think I'll give this a whirl sometime, LOTS less polishing and sanding ! Which is a BIG plus LOL